Did you miss Vision Australia Radio’s 2 hour broadcast for White Cane Day 2022?
Never fear, we’ve published the full program as a podcast to ensure you can listen to it when you want, where you want.
Listen now via the content links on this page, or search for it later on your preferred podcast platform. Too easy!
Vision Australia Radio (VAR) and Platinum Cre8tive once again partnered to create audio and audio described visual content in celebration of White Cane Day.
VAR's 2 hour White Cane Day special broadcast commenced at 1pm local time across the Vision Australia Radio network and included;
- A look behind the scenes of White Stick Fest with event organiser Duncan Steward
- A discussion around cane use and experiences with Vision Australia client Diane Lucantoni
- A conversation with VAR broadcast partner Uber on rider experience improvements for our community
- An interview with White Stick Fest performer and Soprano Kirsten Busby
- Happy Pants children's presenter Callum and Feelix library's Victoria team up to chat to authors Sally Rippin and Eliza Hull
- Blind Sports Ambassador Phoebe Jane
- Vision Australia client Brittnee Watson
- Plus, music and shout outs from a selection of White Stick Fest performers.
Use the following player to access the full broadcast, which runs to 1 hour and 48 minutes in total.
Full show: White Cane Day 2022 special broadcast
Looking for a particular guest? You may find them below:
Organiser #WhiteStickFest: Duncan Steward
Cane user: Diane Lucantoni
Event sponsor: Uber
Soprano: Kirsten Busby
Sally Rippin and Eliza Hull
Love your interviews?
Check out Vision Australia Radio’s interview highlights feed
White Cane Day on Vision Australia Radio was sponsored by Uber. We look forward to partnering with Uber again soon. We thank them and our dedicated listeners for supporting this event.
Vision Australia Radio also partnered with the wonderful management and performers of Platinum Cre8tive, organisers of White Stick Fest.
White Stick Fest returned for a third year running. The online visual music event was accessible online and on demand from 10AM AEDT via www.WhiteStickFest.org on Saturday 15 October.
This year's digital concert featured performances from Raul Midon, Lachi, Sarah McLachlan, KT Tunstall, Rachael Leahcar, The Wiggles and Cobhams Asuqou to name only a few.
20 performers blind, low vision and sighted featured from across the globe all sharing their gifts and lived experiences in celebration of White Cane Day. You can view or listen to the content below via the YouTube player.