Vision Australia Radio (VAR) is proud to announce Uber as this year's major presentation partner for White Cane Day. VAR is highlighting the achievements of people who are blind or who have low vision and celebrating the white cane as the important symbol of blindness and tool of independence in a two hour broadcast from 12pm on October 15.
The broadcast will share music from some of the community's favourite blind and low vision musicians (who are appearing at #WhiteStickFest) plus interviews with change makers and the latest news on advancements in assistive technology. We will also play some tracks from #WhiteStickFest performers across the day at other times too, so listen out for them.
Here is just some of the diverse interview line up;
- Vice President of Blind Citizens Australia Fiona Woods
- Gold Medal Winning Paralympic Triathlete Katie Kelly
- Founder of Platinum Cre8ive & White Stick Fest organiser Duncan Steward
- White Stick Fest Performer Connor Wink
- Deaf-Blind WA committee member Peter Cliff on ‘Tomato Lake Sponsored Walk October 16’
- A representative from our broadcast sponsor Uber and more.
Tune in to your local Vision Australia Radio service from 12pm on October 15 to hear our two hour broadcast featuring a range of VAR presenters and remember, you can enjoy the #WhiteStickFest virtual online concert by heading to https://www.whitestickfest.org/ any time after 12pm AEDT to enjoy the concert on demand.